I was inspired to move faster on this next piece after the recent Inman article about MFRMLS and their focus on a listings API to enhance innovation, data licensing and more (sidenote: big, emphatic hooray for decisions like this!).
As I touched on yesterday, the Flexmls system is a real estate information and collaboration ecosystem and the Spark API platform is the engine beneath the hood. (MLS) customers, brokers and approved developers can “plug in” products and “play” with Flexmls users: one platform, many systems.
Explaining it this way reminds me of the American muscle car mantra, “there’s no replacement for displacement” loosely meaning: the engine really dictates the true power of an automobile. You can add on aftermarket bells and whistles but ultimately engine size is the key factor to power. Oh, I digress. (And, now you all know my affinity for American muscle cars!)
Why is it so important (as in crazy-vital), to have an MLS system like Flexmls that’s built on a standard structure?
Because the free-flow of (rule-based) data between many systems and a seamless experience between many interfaces makes life better for everyone, including consumers (CMA, CRM, lead gen, mobile, marketing, MLS Systems, etc.).
- Innovation is faster and easier. Client-brokers and (MLS approved) third party developers can leverage Flexmls to create and plug in, easily.
— Our new native Flexmls Apps mobile product suite is a perfect example
— Brokers can plug the products they endorse for their agents into the platform and customize
— Developers can write code once and then, enjoy interoperability between their products and Flexmls users.
- Data synchs with stuff that’s plugged into the platform.
— Agent enters information into one system (Flexmls, their CRM, any other system that’s plugged in) and the data flows between all
— If a lead gen system plugs into the platform, lead information flows directly into the Flexmls CRM (or any plugged-in CRM)
- A system that serves real estate stakeholders will be more effective if built with their rules and standards married to great technology
- Breaks down dissention-causing information silos between stakeholders
- Dramatically improves workflow (eliminates disparate systems that don’t talk to one another)
- Lowers the cost of and inspires innovation
- Provides choices, customization and control for brokers and agents
- Has a positive impact on how agents engage with information and customers
We recently launched Flexmls for iPhone, the first in a suite of powerful, native-developed mobile Apps and API-supported features and enhancements that include: Flexmls Mobile Web; Flexmls for Android and Tablet and Portals 2.0, a revamped and supercharged version of our popular client-collaboration portals. My next post will focus on the Flexmls native mobile App suite, powered by the Spark API.
Until then, be well!